Looking for work in Iceland?
Moving to a new country take courage. It also creates exciting opportunities and new beginnings. Taking the time to learn what to expect in Iceland – and what is expected of you – will help you make the most of your opportunities.
ELJA is a service agency for temporary work. We hire people for our customers who usually are looking for short time employees.
We take care of necessary formalities and the people we hire then
work in various companies.
- At ELJA we emphasize honesty, professionalism and fairness in relations with clients and staff.
- At ELJA we offer only staff that possesses professional and personal skills that the
- At ELJA we dutifully respect laws and contracts pertaining to our activities.
- At ELJA we inform staff in time about the workplace itself, the nature of the project, salaries and work-hours. Additionally the staff member is specifically informed if the job in question is risky or if the job may possibly involve health hazards.
- At ELJA we do our best to ensure that in the collaborating company there is no discrimination based on race, nationality, religion, gender, age or sexual orientation
- At ELJA we emphasise disgression on client and staff matters. All those involved in ELJA’s operations are cautioned to confidentionality.
Arthúr Vilhelm Jóhannesson
Human resource email@example.com
Brynjar Freyr Stefánsson
Account manager, Sales and firstname.lastname@example.org
On maternity email@example.com
Service assistant, Human Resourcesegle@elja.is
Jón Páll Jónsson
Elja pays salaries and salary related expenses and taxes in accordance to the Icelandic law. We operate in harmony with the market
Living and working in Iceland
The volcanic island of Iceland is a popular tourist destination, boasting enchanting nature and a vibrant culture. But it is also a great place to live, with an open nordic society, high living standards and abundance of clean air and water.
Iceland is located in the North Atlantic and is the second largest island in Europe